The World of King of the Ether
Thought King of the Ether was the only Throne? Well, there's a whole world out there - and if you like, you can create (fork?) your own alternative Kingdom where you make the rules and get a 50% share of the commission ...
These are the fine kingdoms that have been established so far ...
|Number||Name||Current Claim Price|
|1||King of the Ether||500 FINNEY (0.5 ETHER)|
|2||King of the Ether Classic||100 FINNEY (0.1 ETHER)|
|3||Satoshi of BTC Kingdom||337 FINNEY (0.337 ETHER)|
I Want a Kingdom!
If you're using a recent version of the Ethereum Wallet, you can watch and interact with the World contract to create your own Kingdom. The fee to create a kingdom is currently 1 ETHER.
1. Open your Ethereum Wallet. Choose 'Contracts' in the top-bar, then click 'Watch Contract'.
2. On the 'Watch Contract' pop-up, fill in the following details:
For CONTRACT NAME, enter 'World'.
For CONTRACT ADDRESS, enter:
For JSON INTERFACE, copy-and-paste this:
Yes, it's very long, make sure you copy it all. Click 'OK' to add the contract to the collection of 'Custom Contracts' you're watching.
3. Click on the 'World' contract you just created in the 'Custom Contracts' section. You should now be able to interact with the World contract using the 'READ FROM CONTRACT' section on the left, and the 'WRITE TO CONTRACT' section on the right.
4. Choose the 'Create Kingdom' method from the drop-down under 'WRITE TO CONTRACT'. Fill in the following details:
5. Click 'Execute'. You'll be prompted for your password, then click 'Send Transaction'. Yes, the gas amount is very high - about 1.9 million. Less than 0.1 ether though.
6. After you've sent the transaction, wait for it to confirm, then reload this page - it may take a few minutes to appear.
7. Follow the link to the web page for your Kingdom at The Kingdoms. Use the instructions there to start watching your new Kingdom Contract in your Ethereum Wallet.
8. To withdraw any commission earned, you'll need to use the Withdraw Funds method on your Kingdom Contract (not the one on the World contract).
This is intended as a bit of fun and to explore what a contract running on the Ethereum blockchain can do. Please don't spend money you can't afford to lose - keep it fun.
If you suspect that spending crypto-currencies on virtual thrones for non-existent kingdoms is illegal in your jurisdiction, please avoid participating (and complain to your political representatives).
Please note that while the contract will live as long as the Ethereum blockchain, no warranty is given that this website will continue to exist or will continue to promote the contract or list your name or Kingdom.
Under no circumstances will refunds or compensation be paid even if the contract steals all your money and/or shoots your dog. The author disclaims all liability for the operation of the contract which should be considered its own autonomous entity as far as permitted by law - it is your responsiblity to study its likely behaviour before interacting with it, including taking into account that the actual behaviour of the compiled EVM bytecode in a real eth/geth node may differ from the assumed behaviour based on the apparent intent of the solidity source code.
By interacting with the contract you agree to accept the conditions in this section as well as those listed at ethereum.org/agreement.